The Lakeside School (LSC) seeks an energetic and dynamic Headmaster to continue the school’s commitment to academic excellence within a safe and nurturing environment. The Headmaster is the instructional leader of the school and responsible for the day-to-day operations of the institution. S/he will hire, supervise, and evaluate faculty and staff; develop and update curriculum; and ensure accreditation standards are maintained, all school policies and procedures are followed and compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. In addition, s/he will work with the Board of Trustees to develop and update school policies and will report the status of the school during monthly Board meetings; maintain financial security and a balanced budget through tuition and non-tuition revenue; make a yearly report to all LSC stakeholders; and promote the school throughout the city, state, and region. Exceptional communication skills are a necessity for this position, as the Headmaster is charged with creating a positive atmosphere among students, parents, teachers, and alumni.
The successful candidate will possess a Master’s degree or higher in educational administration and will have experience as a teacher (5-10 years) and as a school administrator (5-10 years). Previous leadership experience in independent schools is desirable.
Founded in 1968, The Lakeside School recently celebrated its 50th Anniversary of providing quality education to students in south Alabama. LSC is a coeducational college preparatory school of 325 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through twelve and is governed by 12-member self-perpetuating Board of Trustees. LSC is accredited by AdvancED and is a member of the Alabama Independent School Association. The Lakeside School is a non-denominational school with a strong emphasis placed on moral values. Please visit our website for further information; www.lakesidechiefs.net.
The Lakeside School is located in Eufaula, Alabama and minutes away from the beautiful shoreline of Lake Eufaula. The area is rich in history, a nationally recognized sportsman’s paradise, and a two-hour drive to the sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Eufaula is 90 miles southeast of Montgomery, Alabama and 40 miles southwest of Columbus, Georgia.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit cover letter, resume, and references to Dr. John Mehaffey at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position begins June 1, 2019.
Mission Statement and Primary Objective
Conway Christian’s mission is to partner with Christian families in a biblically-directed, college preparatory education focused on equipping students to serve and impact the world for Jesus Christ. Our primary objective is to educate students in the daily pursuit of excellence in academics, arts and athletics while preparing them with the necessary life skills pertaining to the mind, body and spirit.
Reports to: President
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Starting Date: Summer 2019
Spiritually Conway Christian School employees must possess:
Personally the employee must reflect:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead in the spiritual development of your faculty, staff and students.
Oversee the school’s academic program including curriculum, teacher instruction/evaluation/professional development, and best practices in college preparatory education.
Serve on the school’s leadership and education teams (meeting weekly) offering input and challenging questions, as well as timely responses to any task in which you may be responsible.
Maintain a safe and productive classroom learning environment through proper student discipline and teacher oversight, following guidelines in the handbook.
Ensure your faculty is achieving school goals including mission, core values and other stated outcomes related to our college-preparatory educational model.
Assess student learning by analyzing student results on testing, both quarterly and on standardized tests. Make recommendations if needed. Maintain all student data (including discipline records and absences) for yearly review.
Communicate regularly with faculty, staff and parents regarding important items, calendar events and any concerns.
Contribute to the school’s overall success by identifying short and long term issues that must be addressed and recommend issues to leadership team or school President.
Other duties assigned by President.
Send letter of cover letter, resume~, copy of certificate and at least 2 reference letters to email@example.com or call (501)944-4764.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director, Headmaster
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
● College degree
● Alabama Educator License
● Current or past experience as a head coach or an assistant coach of a high school athletic program
● Past experience as an athletic administrator preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent technology skills - knowledgeable about athletic scheduling required. Development and maintenance of websites preferred
● Ability to speak publicly to groups and media
● Ability to make rational decisions under stressful conditions
● Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
● Ability to interact and collaborate with the community
● Ability to motivate student-athletes and coaches
● Ability to initiate, develop and implement pre-high school athletic feeder programs
● Ability to initiate, develop and implement fund raising
Requires past experience as an athletic administrator or a head coach or assistant coach of a high school athletic program for a period of not less than five (5) years. Knowledge and experience scheduling athletic contests, and website development is a prerequisite. Ability to communicate, direct, plan and lead athletic professionals and staff is a prerequisite. Ability to motivate, mentor, and assist in behavior change for student-athletes who are experiencing academic and behavioral issues is necessary.
Administers the Extra-curricular Athletic Programs for all Female Sports
● Develops and maintains a workout program for female athletics
● Responds to requests for information
● Develops and updates brochures, handbooks, and policy and procedure manuals
● Oversees the weight room for female athletes
● Maintains the equipment room
● Keeps informed of concussion information
● Develops surveys to evaluate department, sports programs, and self-evaluation
● Keeps school community informed about programs
● Coordinates with various media outlets
● Schedules for all girls sports programs
● Contracts management for scheduled athletic events
● Schedules officials for athletic events as needed
● Communicates with coaches, athletic administrators, officials’ assignment chairpersons and officials about any changes to the athletic schedule
● Plans, supervises and manages athletic events (home and away) in conjunction with the Athletic Director
● Assists with the planning, coordinating and management of tournaments
● Assists with developing the agenda for seasonal coaches’ meetings; attending seasonal coaches’ meetings
● Assists with developing the agenda/planning for seasonal parent meetings; attending seasonal parent meetings
● Assists with developing the agenda for monthly head coaches’ meetings; attending head coaches’ meetings
● Develops communications and/or correspondence (e.g., letters, tournament invites, tournament brackets and information, etc.) in conjunction with the Athletic Director and coaches
● Schedules and coordinates seasonal athletic department events in conjunction with the Athletic Director
● Assists coaches in obtaining any applications, licenses, permits and/or other documentation
● Assists the Athletic Director in contracting for the printing of seasonal athletic programs
● Assists the Athletic Director in the coordination, supervision and evaluation of all JV and Pee Wee programs
● Attends and participates in Booster Club meetings and events
● Updates (annually) and manages the Athletic Code of Conduct, follow up with athletes, parents and Headmaster in regards to violations and mentor athletes as needed
● Develops and suggests a variety of technological uses for the department including but not limited to collection of data for various events, committees, and athletic records
● Assists with Fiscal Operation within the Department to include fund-raising
● Consults in the selection of supplies, equipment and materials
● Assists in the supervision of concessions and ticket sales at all female athletic events
● Assists in the planning of the department's budget
● Issues timely announcements of upcoming events and deadlines
● Schedules use of facilities for school sports programs, school clubs, and community groups
● Works closely with feeder programs within the county
● Arranges transportation for all programs in conjunction with Athletic Director
● Verifies eligibility for all female sports and notifies coaches of ineligible players
● Develops, maintains and updates the athletic website, including athletic schedules, in conjunction with head coaches and the Athletic Director.
● Recommends, Manages, Supervises, and Evaluates Personnel
● Screens, interviews and recommends prospective coaches and athletic personnel
● Supervises and evaluates coaching staff and athletic personnel in conjunction with Athletic Director
● Assists Athletic Director in professional development of coaching staff
● Assists coaches and athletic personnel in the handling of day-to-day problems
● Provides staff leadership to promote the athletic objectives of the school
● Investigates complaints/issues regarding coaches, student-athletes and athletic personnel of female sports
● Attends practices and games for purposes of evaluation and supervision
● Develops and supervises an effective, comprehensive and equal opportunities athletic program for female students
● Creates and implements end-of-season (Fall, Winter, Spring) surveys for Student-Athletes and Parents
● Manages and Develops Facilities
● Issues repair orders
● Enforces compliance with health and safety codes and standards
● Assists in identifying and using community resources for the athletic programs
● Assists in the decision-making of facility use pending weather, current field condition, etc.
● Coordinates public or special events
● Supervises full-time and part-time help
● Develops and places into operation appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities
● Anticipates and resolves potential problems
● Oversees Summer Athletic Camps
● Schedules summer athletic camp programs
● Interacts, supports and aides in the development of feeder programs
● Interacts with students to encourage performance at their highest level
● Maintains appropriate professional relationships with parents, parent group, school volunteers and outside agencies
● Responds to requests for information
Interested applicants should email their resume to:
Pike Liberal Arts School
Chambers Academy, located in LaFayette, Alabama, is accepting resumes for a certified English teaching position for grades 7-12. The position is available for the second semester beginning in January, 2019.
CA is readying to celebrate its 50th anniversary since it was founded in 1969. Our school is accredited through both AdvancEd and Southern Association of Independent Schools. We are located in Chambers County serving families from both it as well as the surrounding counties of Lee, Randolph, and Tallapoosa.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
David Owen, Headmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chambers Academy; 15048 U.S. HWY. 431; LaFayette, AL 36861
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Dr. Liz Norman at email@example.com
Position: Head of School
4400 Bell Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36116
Availability: As successful candidate is selected
• Holy Cross Episcopal School of Montgomery, recognizing the God-given gifts and abilities of all persons, seeks to develop these gifts by creating a Christian community in the Episcopal tradition and by providing a nurturing environment in which students of all socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds grow spiritually, intellectually, and physically.
Following the tradition of Episcopal Schools nationwide, Holy Cross Episcopal School provides simultaneously a challenging academic atmosphere and a loving, Christian environment which ministers to the whole child - mind, body and spirit.
We believe the elementary experience should give every child the foundation to thrive.
Submit Resumes to:
Brent Krause-Board of Trustees
Chairman, Selection Committee
Holy Cross Episcopal School
4400 Bell Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36116
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Dr. John Mehaffey, Headmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the following address:
15048 U.S. HWY. 431
LaFayette, AL 36861
Dr. John Mehaffey, Headmaster, at email@example.com
Glenwood School, located in Phenix City, Al. is now taking applications for a Spanish teacher.
Please email resume to Headmaster Frankie Mitchum at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact him at 334-221-3757.
Chambers Academy, located in LaFayette, Alabama, is accepting resumes for the following position for the 2017-2018 academic year: Computer Science (7-12)
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Dr. John Mehaffey, Headmaster at email@example.com or
Chambers Academy; 15048 U.S. HWY. 431; LaFayette, AL 36861
Member schools have voluntarily joined the AISA and follow the guidelines and standards in order to provide a quality school and in order to provide a quality school program.Learn More
To receive updates by email, feel free to sign up for our newsletter.