AISA STATE READING CONTEST
Entries must be submitted into the AISA office no later than March 14, 2024.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND RULES
1. Students in Grades 3-12 are eligible to compete in the AISA Reading Contest at the state level. Reading divisions are grades
3-5, 6-8, and 9-12 (new division).
2. The student from your school that read the most pages during the current school year may be submitted for the state contest. The state winner for each division will be determined by the number pages read this year.
3. All books read should be on student grade level or above. This should be verified by the student’s teacher or school librarian.
4. Each school should conduct its own contest to establish a winning entry from each division which will be sent to the AISA for the state competition.
5. School competition will be conducted according to the AISA state format and procedures.
6. Teachers or school sponsors are responsible for verifying that all books were read by the students submitted. Teacher/sponsor should have the required documentation available if requested from the AISA office.
7. Entries which fail to comply with the rules will be disqualified.
8. To Submit Winners: teacher/sponsor must submit their school winners through the “State Entry Form” tab in the online handbook found on the AISA website. Only first place winners should be submitted according to the date set on the AISA Calendar of Events. State winners will be notified by the AISA office and posted on the AISA website.
1. A gold medal will be presented for first place in each division.
2. A silver medal will be awarded for 2nd place in each division.
AISA READING CONTEST RESULTS FOR 2022-2023:
|1st||Patrician Academy||Addy Reeves|
|2nd||Pike Liberal Arts School||Keira Alexander|
|1st||Victory Christian Academy||Anna Nicholas|
|2nd||Faith Academy||Melyn Ceasor|
|1st||Morgan Academy||Walt Bowline|
|2nd||Autauga Academy||Kathryn Hughes|